Angela Bowman Design is founded on Angela’s love for sewing. She learned how to sew in her junior high school home economics class. After that, she looked at the stuff you can buy in stores in a whole new way, thinking, “I can make that! And I can make it with whatever fabric I want! And it’s flippin’ fun to do!” She became obsessed with sewing, and it has forever spoiled her by not having to settle for pre-made things. Having the freedom and the know-how to make things yourself is a wonderful, empowering thing.
Angela designs sewing projects at Angela Bowman Design and is the current vice president of the Boise Modern Quilt Guild. Her work has appeared in exhibitions and has been published on many websites and magazines. Angela owns and operates Sewfinity, an online sewing supply shop that she co-owns with her husband in Meridian, Idaho where they live with their two children.
Angela grew up in Filer, Idaho and received a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Idaho State University. She has over 15 years experience in the health care industry specializing in process improvement, content management, financial analysis, and technical writing.
Angela loves to design sewing projects with a digital vibe. She is inspired by modern technology, grid systems, geometry, nostalgia, portraits, personalization, and a hint of geek. She is a planner at heart, a helpful communicator, enjoys connecting others, and likes to surround herself with friendly and innovative people.
- Self Portrait Behind The Pixels, Modern Quilt Guild Showcase, International Quilt Festival, Houston TX, November 2 – 5, 2017
- Self Portrait Behind The Pixels, Modern Quilt Guild Exhibition, San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles, San Jose CA, April 21 – July 16, 2017
- Self Portrait Behind The Pixels, QuiltCon, The Modern Quilt Guild, Savannah GA, February 23 – 26, 2017
- Self Portrait Behind The Pixels, feature in Modern Quilts: Designs of the New Century, January 2018
- MAKE Mini Quilt, Modern Patchwork magazine, June 2016
- 5 Essential Business Books for Your Creative Business, Craft Industry Alliance blog, February 2016
- Charity Quilt Spotlight-Boise MQG, The Modern Quilt Guild blog, May 2015
- Handmade Holidays-Gifts for Baby, Sew Mama Sew blog, November 2014
- Starting a Non-profit, Organizing a School Curriculum and More, All Using Quip, Quip (Salesforce) blog, February 2014
- Handmade Holidays-Gifts for Geeks, Sew Mama Sew blog, November 2013
- Watercolor Patchwork Hoop, Stitch Craft Create magazine, October 2013
- Wedding Planner Composition Book, Stitch Craft Create magazine, March 2013
- Make a Sewing Journal, Sew Mama Sew blog, March 2013