I’ve loved to sew ever since I learned how in junior high school. That proud, satisfying feeling you get when you finish making something…there’s nothing like it. I’ve also always liked geometric art. I love how large stunning designs can be made from small simple shapes.
I started quilting in 2013 and became hooked when I discovered that quilts can be art. A couple years later I learned graphic design software so I could design my own quilts. The first resulting quilts were incredulous to me. I designed and made them out of sheer curiosity, and they were loved by quilters and artists alike.
Now I love to fuse digital illustration and sewing translation to create modern quilts. I’m inspired by modern technology, grid systems, geometry, nostalgia, portraits, and nature. I am particularly drawn to the concept of seeing things through a digital lens.
Angela grew up in the rural town of Filer, Idaho. After receiving a business degree and working many years in finance and technology, she resumed her lifelong interest in sewing. At the age of 44 she taught herself graphic design software to design her own quilts. She fuses digital illustration and sewing translation to create modern quilts.
She is inspired by modern technology, grid systems, geometry, nostalgia, portraits, and nature. She is particularly drawn to the concept of seeing things through a digital lens. Angela’s work has appeared in exhibitions, notably at QuiltCon and the San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles. She has been featured in various print publications, including Modern Quilts: Designs of the New Century, Modern Patchwork Home, and Country Living magazine.
Angela is a creative advocate. She shares her process online and curates quality fabric at her online sewing shop Sewfinity. She lives in Meridian, Idaho with her husband and two children.
- Vader, QuiltCon, The Modern Quilt Guild, Nashville TN, February 21 – 24, 2019
- Self Portrait Behind The Pixels, Modern Quilt Guild Showcase, International Quilt Festival, Houston TX, November 2 – 5, 2017
- Self Portrait Behind The Pixels, Modern Quilt Guild Exhibition, San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles, San Jose CA, April 21 – July 16, 2017
- Self Portrait Behind The Pixels, QuiltCon, The Modern Quilt Guild, Savannah GA, February 23 – 26, 2017
- MAKE Mini Quilt, feature in book Modern Patchwork Home, October 2018
- Idaho quilt block, Country Living magazine, September 2018
- Self Portrait Behind The Pixels, feature in book Modern Quilts: Designs of the New Century, January 2018
- MAKE Mini Quilt, Modern Patchwork magazine, June 2016
- Watercolor Patchwork Hoop, Stitch Craft Create magazine, October 2013
- Wedding Planner Composition Book, Stitch Craft Create magazine, March 2013