Personalize your composition book with a versatile fabric cover. It's simple to sew and cool to have. Available in two sizes: standard and mini.
The fully lined interior features two pocket options: a large pocket and a small divided pocket. The pockets are the perfect size for sticky notes and business cards, and situated so your items won't slip out.
Track your pages with the ribbon bookmarks and choose from two enclosure options: an elastic penholder or an elastic band.
The ribbon bookmark, enclosures, and pockets are completely optional - choose what you want! The cover looks great quilted or non-quilted. Apply interfacing to give it a professional finish, or for a quilty look, follow the helpful tips in the pattern.
Two sizes of comp book covers:
- Standard: 16 x 10 inches finished cover fits a standard 7 1/2 x 9 3/4 comp book
- Mini: 7 x 4 1/2 inches finished cover fits a mini 3 1/4 x 4 1/2 inch comp book
To learn more about this pattern, see what the pattern testers made, and to hear what they said about the pattern, read my post: Introducing the Comp Book Cover Sewing Pattern
Check out some of my favorite #compbookcover projects on my
Comp Book Cover Pinterest board
- coordinating thread
- cotton fabric
- for standard size: 3 fat quarters (18" x 22") (1 main, 1 lining, 1 contrast)
- for mini size: 3 fat eighths (9" x 22") or scraps totaling 1/4 yard
- fusible woven interfacing (20-inch wide Pellon SF101 Shape Flex)
- for standard size: 1 1/2 yards
- for mini size: 1/3 yard
- for standard size: 4" of 3/4"-wide for penholder option, or 10 1/2" of 1/4"-wide for elastic band option
- for mini size: 5 1/4" of 1/4"-wide for elastic band option
- for standard size: 25", your preferred width
- for mini size: 12", your preferred width
- scissors and/or rotary cutter & cutting mat
- iron & ironing board
- pins and/or fabric clips
- fabric marker
- size 90/14 Microtex/Sharp sewing machine needle
- hand sewing needle
- seam guide for your sewing machine (recommended)
- walking foot for your sewing machine (recommended)
- This digital PDF pattern will be emailed to you via a download link upon purchase.
- The PDF file is 6.3 MB and consists of 30 pages.
After saving the file, you can choose to print it or view it from your computer or mobile device. When printing, set the print scale at 100% and ensure “Scale to Fit” is not checked.